3 Steps To An Effective Personal Mid-Year Review
EMBED AUDIO FILE HERE
- Reflect (think deeply/carefully about what has happened in the past 6 months): Find a quiet place where you’re alone, take a note pad and a pen or take notes on your phone/tablet or computer. List out all the goals you had at the start of the year, then taking each item on your list ask and answer questions like; what goals have you achieved so far, which haven’t you achieved, what worked, what didn’t work, what hindered you from achieving your goals or what made it possible for you to achieve your goal?
- Rejoice: Celebrate your wins. No matter how small they seem in your eyes. Celebrating your progress is crucial because it will really help to motivate you to keep working towards the goals you still consider to be important. In fact, research shows that when we appreciate our small wins, it boosts our sense of confidence and that confidence, in turn, helps us to pursue more wins/successes. I know it’s usually easier to just worry or sulk over those areas where we failed. But that’s not constructive. Let’s rejoice over our small or big wins and in the final step I’ll talk about what to do about our shortcomings.
- Restrategize it was personal development trainer – Joe Duncan who said,
“Nothing you can do can change your past. But I promise you everything you do now will determine your future”
Re-Strategizing means thinking about what you need to do differently in the next 6-months so you can have better results. Here’s the time when you look at your previous list of goals and ask questions like; which goals are still important to me this second half of the year? And once you’re clear which goals are still important to you, you then ask and answer questions like:
- What do I need to do differently starting today, so that I can achieve my goals?
- Who in my immediate circle of friends/family/acquaintances can I reach out to, to teach or help to connect me to the tools/opportunities I need to achieve my goals?
and on and on.
I created a Personal Mid-Year Revie Workbook which you can download for FREE HERE. In this workbook, I list out the different questions you need to ask and answer as you walk through the 3 steps necessary in achieving an effective personal mid-year review.
You can print out this workbook and fill in your answers.
Now I’d love to hear from you! Did you find this episode helpful? How about the workbook? Got any ideas on additional things we can all do to make our mid-year reviews more effective and even fun? I and everyone else who reads this post would love to hear all about it so do share.
Thank you so much for listening, reading and sharing your thoughts with all of us.
Your insightful questions and contributions indeed make our conversations
on here much richer and I appreciate you for that.
You indeed only live once, be sure to take the time to make sure you’re
living a truly rich and productive life.